YELLOW SQUASH & SPAGHETTI
Spaghetti Squash Recipe Ingredients:
- small yellow squash (they are more tender)- 2 for 1 serving- increase quantity as needed
- any type of pasta noodle (whole grain preferred)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- butter (optional)
- McCormick Pizza Seasoning (spice grinder) or other Italian seasoning
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
First of all wash the squash, and slice into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick pieces. If it is too thin, the squash will be soggy.
And then steam or boil the squash with a little olive oil and the Italian seasoning of your choice, add a few pats of butter if you dare!
Next is to boil the pasta according to package directions, add olive oil for flavor (and to keep pasta from sticking together); set aside.
Drain most of the liquid from squash; I like to reserve a little for flavor.
Toss the squash with Parmesan cheese and serve on a bed of pasta. Add more Italian seasoning if you choose.
This is a super simple recipe, but I love it in the Summer when I have fresh squash from the garden.
Enjoy the spaghetti squash !